January 4, 2009

I'm a Loser . . .

My family and I just came back from spending the weekend in Connecticut, gambling at the Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods. It was fun even though I lost a little. We spent the first day at Mohegan Sun. It was incredibly crowded there, and hard to find empty seats at slots my sister and I wanted to play. It was very nice to walk around there, very scenic, but I only won a little bit of money at the beginning of the day and nothing the rest of the time. We went to Margaritaville for dinner. I thought I would be safe and eat Chicken Quesadillas, but even those were a little spicy for me.

On Saturday, we went shopping in Mystic for a little bit, and then played at MGM and Foxwoods. My sister and I played a lot of "Super Jackpot Party"! Whoo! I did win some money there and both my sisters won on those machines, too. In the end, everyone liked doing their own thing. Mom likes to play the penny slots
v e r y slowly. Dad likes Blackjack. My sister Michelle and her fiance, Mike, like the poker tables, and my sister Kimberly and I play the slots.

I got a lot less knitting done than I had hoped. The only project I worked on was the flat feet sock, and I am still about 40 rows from the end. I'm about to go back to that now! See ya later.

No comments: