September 6, 2009

Nice Long Weekend . . .

Dear readers,

Oh, I love those nice long weekends. We had our students for orientation on Wed and Thurs, but we don't go back to school full time until Tuesday. How nice it is to have some extra time to get things accomplished. With that in mind . . .

I have started to knit Clapotis, hoping to have it ready for Rhinebeck in October. I want to wear SOMETHING I made, but I am not sure what I have made so far will work. This is made out of shades of beautiful blues, and hopefully I'll have a picture up during the next post.

I have put some more things on Etsy. Today you would find a new batt:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30487312


. . . and new handspun boucle yarn:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30492401


On Saturday I went to the New York Renaissance Faire for the first time. I have never been to other RenFairs, or ComicCons or anything of the sort, so it was weird to see so many people dressed up in costume. If I was smart enough, I would have thrown my bellydance hip belt into my bag and worn that! One thing I did question, though, is why are there so many people dressed up as fairies? What did they have to do with the medieval and renaissance periods? Here are some pictures from the event:




The rest of this weekend will find me working on Clapotis, continuing an afghan for my father, spinning some watermelon yarn I have been dying to start and maybe some more drum carding if I have time. Time just seems to whisk by these days, though!

Till next time,
Samantha

No comments: