July 30, 2011

Long Ago and Far Away!

So the long ago is because it has been two years since I last posted. Cringe! The far away is because I just left on vacation this morning and flew from the east coast to the Arizona desert. The family will be spending time in Sedona before traveling over to Catalina Island and San Francisco.

Project updates: since the last post I finished my dad's blanket. I liked the pattern very much, but I wasn't that impressed with the yarn I was using. It was Berocco Comfort, and I didn't like that it was cabled, and when the blanket was done, the yarn stretched out a lot and didn't really maintain it's structure.

I did some baby knits, too. My sister's husband's brother and his wife were expecting a baby girl, so I knit the Luca blanket in pink and green and it turned out lovely! Arianna loves it, too, and wants to take it everywhere. I made two baby surprise jackets and a baby hat in neutral colors for the future. I also made her an adorable stuffed toy i designed that I named "Bumble Bea". And good news, I have two friends who both informed us of bundles on the way. I have a couple of blankets and quilt patterns I would like to design for them, but I had better work on my quilting skills ASAP. There's also a baby book from Cascade 220 that I want to make a lot of stuff from.

The big project of the moment is a blanket for my mom. I designed it myself, and it is turning put swimmingly. If all goes well all the way to the end, it is something I might try to get published. This is also the project I brought on vacation with me. (Don't worry! It's made up of squares I sew together, so I didn't bring the whole thing with me.)

That will about wrap this up for today. I'll add pictures when I get home from vacay, unless I can figure out how to do it from my phone before then.

Adios!

No comments: